The Working Dog Ability Committee has created a mentor program for those members interested in working/training their dogs. We have started a Yahoo group for DDBSA members that currently work/train their dogs or are interested in doing so. Discussion on this list is restricted to working/training topics.
Below is a description of the list. If you are interested in joining this list, visit:
Click to join DDBSAWorkingDogue
If you have any questions or would like more information, e-mail Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org
DDBSA Working Dogue List
The DDBSA Working Dogue List was created by the DDBSA Working Dog Ability Committee as an effort to promote the working Dogue de Bordeaux and provide mentoring for those DDBSA members interested in training and working their DDB. This list in not designed to address issues such as house breaking or training for the conformation ring. Rather, it is geared towards those individuals interested or already involved in training their DDB beyond the level of CGC and TDI.
The DDBSA Working Dog Ability Committee members hold a wide breadth of training and working experience with DDB, as well as with other breeds. While discussion of all companion, sport and performance activities is welcomed, the DDBSA Working Dog Ability Committee would like you to keep in mind that obedience is the foundation for all working activities.
Those wishing to join the DDBSA Working Dogue List must answer a series of questions. All questions must be answered for an application to be considered. All applications for membership of the DDBSA Working Dogue List must be approved by the DDBSA Working Dog Ability Committee. In addition, your first and last names MUST be in your Yahoo profile. If they are not, you will be automatically denied. Email at email@example.com with any questions.
All subscribers must agree to the terms of the DDBSA Working Dogue List as set by the DDBSA Working Dog Ability Committee. Please read List Rules at before applying for membership. Membership application affirms you have read these rules and agree to abide by them and any actions taken against you if you do not follow them. List participation by members is expected. Membership status will be reviewed by the DDBSA Working Dog Ability Committee annually. If you no longer meet the requirements for membership at this time, you will be unsubscribed from the list.
DDBSA Working Dogue Group List Rules
Attention to all DDBSA Working Dogue List members:
The DDBSA Working Dogue List has the following rules in place that accompanies membership to this list. They are as follows:
1. Only DDBSA members with an email account that has been authorized by the DDBSA Working Dogue List Moderator will be permitted to post directly to the list.
2. You may not forward letters of a personal/private nature to the list for discussion or review. Additionally, no posting or forwarding of any content from public message boards, websites other than the club website, or other email groups will be allowed unless the author has granted permission. URL's can be shared providing the subject matter is appropriate and relevant.
3. Discussions regarding religion, politics, or other subjects of questionable intent or irrelevant content will not be permitted. Irrelevant content includes discussions not involving the working and training of dogs.
4. Intentional or deliberate infliction of emotional distress (implied or otherwise) will not be allowed. This includes public "slamming," "bashing," "name calling," unwarranted and/or nonproductive challenges towards any person, establishment (kennel), line or dog. Additionally, harassment of any nature or slanderous remarks towards any person, kennel, dog, or the DDBSA will not be tolerated.
5. There are many different types of training methods and equipment available for dogs and handlers. There is to be no flaming for the method of training a handler uses.
6. This is a working dog list. Pictures and brags from working events and training are permitted and welcomed on the list but must be no larger than 300k. Pictures and brags from the conformation ring are not permitted.
7. Out of respect for those on digest, trim your posts. Leave only the portion of the original letter you are responding to.
8. Some e-mail ID's or names do not identify the author. If yours does not please sign your letters so others know whom to address in their responses.
9. All messages and information contained within the posts on this list are considered private and intended for the list members only. Please obtain permission from the author before reposting or discussing any material posted on this list.
10. If you do not agree to or are not willing to follow the rules listed above please contact the moderator to have your subscription deleted.
11. Comments and questions regarding DDBSA policies and procedures should be directed to the DDBSA officials at: Info@DDBSA.org
First offense - warning issued by the moderator sent privately and to the general membership.
Second offense - suspension from the list for 30 days.
Third offense - permanent suspension from the DDBSA Working Dogue List.
Complaints regarding infarctions of the rules above need to be sent directly to the moderator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All contents Copyright 1998-2011 by the Dogue de Bordeaux Society of America, Inc. (DDBSA) No part of this document may be reproduced in whole or in part in any means, electronic or paper, without express written permission by the DDBSA. Print out and reproduction of the page in whole with http: address visible is permitted.