of the Dogue de Bordeaux Society of America, Inc.
ARTICLE I - NAME AND OBJECTIVES
The name of the club shall be the Dogue de Bordeaux Society of America (to be referred to as the DDBSA).
The objects of the club shall be:
· To encourage the highest standards in breeding registered purebred Dogue de Bordeaux and to do all possible to bring the Dogue de Bordeaux’s natural qualities to perfection
· To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by The American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which the Dogue de Bordeaux shall be judged, and to perfect, protect, and maintain the standard in the best interest of the Dogue de Bordeaux with the assistance of other breed clubs of the Dogue de Bordeaux throughout the world.
· To establish and run a breed rescue to protect and save the Dogue de Bordeaux from impound, abusive environments, and when needed.
· To research genetic defects of the Dogue de Bordeaux to help breed healthier Dogue de Bordeaux.
· To promote canine education and healthy ownership of the Dogue de Bordeaux and all dogs.
· To do everything possible to protect and advance the best interests of the breed and encourage sportsmanlike competition at all dog events.
· To conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows, obedience trials and other events for which the club is eligible under the Rules and Regulations of The American Kennel Club.
· To prove the natural working ability of the Dogue de Bordeaux by urging members to participate in weight pulls, temperament tests, obedience, agility and canine good citizen events.
· To get all owners, breeders and fanciers of the Dogue de Bordeaux involved in the events, meetings and general doings of the club, regardless of dog status (pet or show quality).
· To publish bi-monthly newsletter as a base of communication among all members.
The DDBSA shall not be operated or conducted for profit and no part of any profits, residues, or remainders from dues or donations shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual.
The members of this club shall adopt and may from time to time revise such by-laws as may be required to carry out these objects.
All contents Copyright 1998-2011 by the Dogue de Bordeaux Society of America, Inc. (DDBSA) No part of this document may be reproduced in whole or in part in any means, electronic or paper, without express written permission by the DDBSA. Print out and reproduction of the page in whole with http: address visible is permitted.