NATIONAL FUTURITY PROGRAM
The National Futurity Program is designed to recognize and reward breeders who strive to set the highest standard of excellence in their breeding program. Forward-thinking breeders believe in their ability to produce the finest specimens of quality, type, soundness and structure, always with an eye toward adherence to each aspect of the breed standard, and participation in the Futurity symbolizes a breeder’s dedication to ensuring the future excellence of the breed. The Futurity also recognizes the significant role of the owner in developing and showcasing the potential of these young dogues.
|Breeder must be a member in good standing of the Dogue de Bordeaux Society of America at the time of nomination of the litter.|
|Puppy owner need not be a member.|
|Breeder must certify on nomination form that sire and dam of litter have been health screened for cardiac (auscultation by Board Certified Cardiologist); OFA for hips or PennHip; OFA for elbows; and DNA on file with AKC. For foreign sires and/or dams and for imported semen, comparable health screens for heart, hips and elbows from the country of origin of the sire and/or dam will be acceptable. Copies of health screen documentation must be produced if requested by the Futurity Committee.|
|Sire and dam of nominated litter must be AKC registered or registered with an AKC-recognized registry.|
|Nominated puppies must be AKC registered.|
|Nomination fees are non-refundable.|
|Prize money can only be won through participation in National Futurity competition.|
|Breeder/owner must certify that all eligibility requirements have been met.|
|Nominations must be made in a timely fashion as outlined in Nomination sections or fees are forfeited.|
|Spayed/neutered puppies may not compete in Futurity, even if previously nominated. No nomination fees will be refunded.|
|Decisions of the Futurity Committee will be final with regard to any dispute regarding eligibility or general rules of the Futurity.|
|The Futurity Committee may recommend revisions of this program, with such revisions to be approved by majority vote of the Dogue de Bordeaux Society of America Board of Directors. Notification of revisions will be made to the membership on a timely basis.|
|Members of the Futurity Committee may nominate their litters or puppies.|
|Monies not awarded at the National Futurity will be returned to the futurity fund for use in the following year.|
Nomination of Litter:
1. Nomination must be made by the breeder who is a member in good standing of the Dogue de Bordeaux Society of America at time of litter nomination.
2. Litter must be nominated after breeding and before whelping. Postmark on submitted Litter Application Form establishes date of nomination.
a. Nomination of a litter makes each puppy in that litter eligible for individual puppy nomination.
b. Litter nomination fee is $25 for each litter and this fee must be submitted with the litter nomination application. Nomination fee is non-refundable.
Nomination of Puppy:
1. Nomination must be made by owner, who need not be a member of the Dogue de Bordeaux Society of America.
2. Nomination fee for an individual puppy is $20 and must be submitted with the nomination application. This fee is non-refundable.
3. Nominations must be made (postmarked) no later than January 31 of the year of the National Futurity in which the puppy will compete.
4. Breeder may individually nominate an entire litter, or selected puppies from a litter. Fee is $20 per puppy.
National Specialty Futurity Entry:
1. Puppy must be entered and compete in one of the regular classes at the National Specialty.
2. Futurity entry will be a separate additional class on the Nationals entry form.
3. Puppies are eligible to compete in the first Futurity held at least 30 days after the puppy reaches 5 months of age, if all eligibility requirements and nomination requirements have been met.
4. Entry fee for a futurity class is $10.
1. 6 to 9 months
2. 9 to 12 months
3. 12 to 18 months
Males and females to be judged separately in each age division. Ribbons will be awarded to 4th place. Winners of each class will compete together for Best in Futurity and Best Opposite Sex in Futurity.
Division of Monies:
30 % - Futurity operating funds
40 % - Divided among class division winners
15 % - Best in Futurity
15 % - Best Opposite Sex in Futurity
60 % of each prize will go to owner and 40 % to breeder
All contents Copyright 1998-2010 by the Dogue de Bordeaux Society of America, Inc. (DDBSA) No part of this document may be reproduced in whole or in part in any means, electronic or paper, without express written permission by the DDBSA. Print out and reproduction of the page in whole with http: address visible is permitted.