DOGUE DE BORDEAUX SOCIETY OF AMERICA
AWARD RECOGNITION PROGRAMS
1. Top Twenty Members Recognition: The Top Twenty Member Recognition Award acknowledges and salutes those Dogue de Bordeaux that have earned a place on the list of highest breed point earners for the year and are owned by members in good standing of the Dogue de Bordeaux Society of America, Inc.
2. Top Twenty-Five Invitational: The Top Twenty-Five Invitational event provides an opportunity for the 25 highest breed point earning Dogue de Bordeaux from across the country to compete for the honor of the title of Top Dog. This event will take place at the annual National Specialty show, in the evening, as a non-regular class.
3. Sire and Dam of the Year: The Sire and Dam of the Year is awarded to the sire and dam producing the most titled offspring in any given year.
4. Sires and Dams of Merit: The Sires and Dams of Merit Award honors sires and dams that are distinguished by their production of offspring achieving titled status, with sires having 10 titled offspring and females having 5 titled offspring.
5. Sire and Dam Hall of Fame: The Sire and Dam Hall of Fame recognizes that the future of the breed rests with those exceptional dogues who consistently pass their outstanding attributes to their progeny. This lifetime award honors those sires and dams that have proved themselves standard bearers of the breed through the accomplishments of their offspring, with sires having 25 titled offspring and dams having 15 titled offspring.
6. Breeder Medallion Award: The Breeder Medallion Award is designed to recognize and honor the member breeder who, as breeder of record, has produced the most successful competitors in various recognized events in a given year.
7. The Breeder Of Excellence Award: The Breeder of Excellence Award is considered by the Dogue de Bordeaux Society of America community as the highest possible tribute to a member breeder. This Award honors the member breeder who exemplifies the highest standards of leadership, ethics and positive influence on the breed. It is not an honor to be granted yearly, but rather is awarded as a deserving candidate emerges.
8. Top Bred By: The Top Bred By Award is designed to recognize the dogue that has consistently shown to be a good representation of the breed through their Best Of Breed wins in the Bred By Class.
9. Top Jr. Handler: The Top Jr. Handler of the Year recognizes Jr. Handler achievements with the breed. It encourages participation in the ring for the young enthusiast while rewarding good sportsmanship by the next generation of handlers.
10. The National Futurity Program: The National Futurity Program is designed to recognize and reward breeders who strive to set the highest standard of excellence in their breeding program. Forward-thinking breeders believe in their ability to produce the finest specimens of quality, type, soundness and structure, always with an eye toward adherence to each aspect of the breed standard, and participation in the Futurity symbolizes a breeder’s dedication to ensuring the future excellence of the breed. The Futurity also recognizes the significant role of the owner in developing and showcasing the potential of these young dogues.
11. Ambassador Award: The purpose of the Ambassador Award is to give tribute to a purebred Dogue de Bordeaux that has accomplished an outstanding level of achievement and distinction which brings honor and recognition to the breed. The dogue so honored has impacted the reputation of the breed is some significant way.
12. Friend of The Dogue: The Friend of the Dogue recognizes and honors an individual who has visibly demonstrated extraordinary dedication and altruism contributing to the welfare of the Dogue de Bordeaux in the United States. This individual is considered to be first among his/her peers with regard to concern for the wellbeing of dogues in both the present and future generations. By way of example, but not limitation, consideration for this award may include involvement and contributions on behalf of breed education, mentorship, rescue, health, and other areas, over a period of years.
13. The Outstanding Sportsman Award: The Outstanding Sportsman Award will be presented to an individual who has shown exceptional sportsmanship in all arenas related to the Dogue de Bordeaux. This award recognizes and honors a member of the Dogue de Bordeaux Society of America who in substantial measure promotes the sport of purebred dogs, embodies the essence of sportsmanship as reflected in the AKC Code of Sportsmanship, and has been an active and respected participant in various events and activities of the Dogue de Bordeaux Society of America.
14. Best of Breed at Westminster and Eukanuba Shows: This program salutes the winners of Best of Breed at the Westminster and Eukanuba shows.
15. Working Versatility Award: The Versatility Awards Program is designed to recognize Dogue de Bordeaux- handler teams, that have distinguished themselves in the AKC conformation ring and in AKC and other competitive working events as well as in service and community contributions. These awards acknowledge dogs that have the type, temperament, intelligence and working ability to excel in several areas. The accomplishments of these dogs represent the essential versatility of the breed.